FB Logo

Finances

Funding Partnership
Idaho's Public Health Districts receives funding from a variety of sources. Approximately 31% of the health districts' funding comes from the counties and the state. The other 69% comes from contracts and fees. Joint funding from the county property tax and the state general fund creates a partnership so that all of Idaho’s citizens will benefit — no matter the size, location, or population of the county.

PHD Revenue Chart

The District partnership has served Idaho well since 1971 and has received national attention because of the way it provides decentralized Public Health services designed to meet the unique needs of the citizens of each District.

Eastern Idaho Public Health District's Budget
Idaho's health districts operate on the state fiscal year, which is July 1 - June 30. In April or May of each year the District Director prepares a budget for the upcoming fiscal year and presents this budget to Eastern Idaho Public Health District’s Board of Health. Once the Board of Health approves the proposed budget, a public budget hearing is held (on or before the first Monday in July).

FY2013 EIPHD Budget (approved 6/14/12)

Return to EIPHD home page.